It’s time to Crush the Crabs 2019!

Back to Article
Back to Article

It’s time to Crush the Crabs 2019!

Kecoughtan varsity baseball pitcher, Justin Husby taking out a Hampton Crabber in a past matchup between Kecoughtan and Hampton.

David Henshaw, Sports Editor

A RIVALRY UNLIKE ANY OTHER

Hampton vs Kecoughtan, the oldest high school rivalry on the Peninsula. From Fall to Spring there has always been a series between these two triumphant schools. From Howard White vs Allen Iverson to Tyrod Taylor vs Jerod Mayo. While Hampton High School is the oldest school, Kecoughtan is the second-oldest, due to the fact that it was built as a solution to handle the overflow of students at Hampton, through and through two different schools with two different cultures. Between these schools, multiple district, regional titles, and state championship appearances. But that’s the past and what happens next is what matters.

OTHER SCHOOL ATHLETICS (VIA MAXPREPS)

Monday

• The Kecoughtan girls tennis team lost to rival school Hampton in a home conference game by a score of 3-6.
  • The Kecoughtan boys tennis team lost to rival school Hampton in a home conference game by a score of 0-9.

Tuesday

• The Kecoughtan girls team lost to rival school Hampton in an away conference game against rival school Hampton by a score of 3-6
    • The Kecoughtan JV boys soccer team won Tuesday’s neutral non-conference game against Hampton (VA) by a score of 2-0.
    • The Kecoughtan varsity baseball team lost Tuesday’s away non-conference game against Hampton (VA) by a score of 3-0.

• The Kecoughtan JV baseball team won Tuesday’s home non-conference game against Hampton (VA) by a score of 2-1.

• The Kecoughtan varsity girls soccer team tied Tuesday’s home non-conference game against Hampton (VA) by a score of 1-1.

• The Kecoughtan varsity soccer team won Tuesday’s home conference game against Hampton (VA) by a score of 2-0.
  • The Kecoughtan varsity softball team won Tuesday’s away non-conference game against Hampton (VA) by a score of 21-7.

COPYRIGHT©2019, TRIBAL TIMES NEWSPAPER